January Favourites 2018

by - February 18, 2018

January is over (finally), i always find that January seems to go forever but we made it!

this month wasn't a huge month in terms of favourites as i spent half the month on holidays on the couch, so there weren't many opportunities to buy and try new products.

i brought myself the Fenty foundation and primer for Christmas so over January i have been putting them to the test.

i can confirm that this foundation has officially become my 'go-to' foundation. it is honestly amazing and i cannot recommend it enough. it leaves my skin looking smooth, silky and poreless. i was a bit apprehensive whilst using it the first few times and didn't think it suited my skin type but after really focusing on my application technique i cant fault it.

i generally have dry to combination skin, it can be VERY dry in spots but as long as i have moisturised before hand i have no issue with this foundation being matte. i would say the coverage is medium to full if you are willing to build it up. i am a strictly full coverage girl and the coverage of Rihanna's foundation hasn't failed me.

there is literally not one bad thing i can say about this foundation. even my shade is PERFECT, i mean have never had a foundation that has matched me this well EVER (i am shade 150).
all and all if you know how to apply it properly (i swear by a beauty blender) then this foundation is a must!
ps. i did buy and test out the Fenty Beauty foundation brush but i just don't love it, i think the foundation goes on much better with a beauty blender.

of course this a favourite of mine this month, it goes hand in hand with the foundation and it really does give the foundation a better finish. i wouldn't use the foundation with any other primer to be honest. (i always find primers and foundations to work better if they are the same brand, i have learnt in my beauty journey to not mix the two)

i have found this primer works best and really covers your pores when you rub it into your fingers to heat it up a little then pat it into your face in a downwards motion. it actually gives a really nice smooth finish and is the perfect matte formula.
i am yet to try this under any of foundations but i think it compliments the Fenty foundation and the skin really well.

this stuff has changed my life (and my skin) forever!!
i have actually had this product in my collection since September last year but didn't think much of it, until now..

i had read a tip by a beauty influencer to apply the oil after applying your moisturiser i thought i would give it a go. after doing this a few times i really started to notice a difference in my skin, my skin was a lot clearer and the congestion that i have been fighting for months was finally going away. hallelujah!!! i have tried so many products and nothing has worked until this oil.

what seems to work for me is to apply my moisturiser then place some of the Maracuja oil into my fingers and massage it into my face. you look abit oily afterwards so probably best to do this at night time when you don't have to leave the house but the results are well worth the oiliness. 
i generally leave it to sink into my skin over night and in the morning i wake up looking dewy and feeling soft (no sign of oiliness). 

i 100% recommend this product and can't wait to discover the other benefits it has. i will definitely we investing in the bigger bottle next time i am at sephora! 

i hope you enjoyed my favourites for the month of January! hopefully Feb has a little more.
have you had any favourites this month? if so i would love to know, so please link me to your posts xxx



You May Also Like

0 comments