June Favourites 2018

by - July 01, 2018

i can't believe we are in the second half of the year already. SO CRAZY
does anyone else feel like time just goes so quickly these days?! i am looking forward to the rest of the year though, im especially looking forward to my holiday (4 months to go)!
this month feels like it has gone really quick but with that being said it has been a crazy one at that.
i didn't really purchase many new products this month however i have managed to find three new products that are definitely my favourites and that have made their way into my 'stape products'.

Urban Decay Petite Heat Palette
my first favourite from June is the Urban Decay Petite Heat Palette. i have been eyeing this off ever since it was first released in the UK and USA but it took us forever to get it here in Australia, so when it finally arrived at the end of May i was only inclined to get it and i am so glad i did.

the palette has lived up to all my expectations. the shadows are so creamy and pigmented and they are a DREAM to swatch and use. this was my first time purschasing/using the Urban Decay shadows and i was definitely impressed.
this palette is literally perfect for me; there is not one shade i wouldn't use, its so versatile and perfect for travel. i can see myself reaching for this palette for many months to come.

Estee Lauder Doublewear Nude Water Fresh Foundation
the Estee Lauder Doublewear Nude Water Fresh foundation is literally speaking to me on a whole other level at the moment.
i had previously tried a sample and liked it, i didn't think much of it but thought it was a nice lighter coverage foundation then i was use to. i decided to purchase it as my 'sunday' or 'errand' foundation which is what i primarily used it for in earlier months. it wasn't until this month that i discovered that no other foundation was working for me in this cold weather. my skin was dry and uneven and every other foundation just seemed to be sticking to every flaw and becoming quite cakey except this one. the water fresh lightweight formula is really complimenting my skin in this weather and i am not finding my skin to look dry or cakey at all.

it just sits really nice on the skin and i like that the coverage is very buildable. you can have it as sheer as you like to as medium to full coverage as you like. i like to build it up a little so its a more of a medium coverage. the foundation feels weightless on the skin and it is definitely my go-to foundation this winter.
i highly recommend this one for anyone with dry skin or anyone who wants something weightless with buildable coverage.

Milkshake Leave In Conditoner
a little bit of an unusual favourite for me this month was the Milkshake Leave In Conditioner.  i generally stick to the same hair products until my hair dresser used this on me at my last hair appointment.
it smells AMAZING like caramel, if you are familiar with the Peter Alexander scent/Glasshouse Candle Tahaa then this smells EXACTLY like that
it leaves my hair feeling smooth and hydrated without it being weighed down or sticky. after the product is sprayed in your hair you literally wouldn't know its there (besides the scent obviously).
i also really like that this product is super affordable ($24.95 AUD),  i normally don't bother with the products my hairdresser uses on me because they are generally expensive so i was surprised when she told me the price of this one.

i use this product once i have washed my hair, spraying it through whilst its wet then spraying again once my hair is dry. it feels like such a luxury because it smells like I've been to the hairdresser every time i wash my hair haha.

xxx
instagram: @lifebyssblog
email: lifebyssblog@gmail.com

You May Also Like

0 comments