My 10 Travel Makeup Essentials

by - October 26, 2018



like many, i am a notorious over packer when it comes to traveling. not only do i tend to over pack on clothes and shoes but also makeup.
i find it very overwhelming to narrow down the amount i take because i am never sure what my skin is going to look like during the course of my travels.

i have put together a list of my holy grail products that never let me down and that i will be DEFINITELY taking on our upcoming holiday.  its no secret that i will be taking a little more then is on the list below but i think that is acceptable considering its a 15 day holiday with a formal dinner every single night!
but anyway, the following products are staples anywhere i go:
1. Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup SPF 10 
the estee lauder double wear foundation is by far one of my favourite foundations of all times. i can always rely on it to give me the coverage and durability that i need. it creates a great finish on the skin. i wear the shade 2N1 Dessert Beige but always take my 'tanned' shade with me on aswell when travelling and that is shade 3W1 Tawny.
2. Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water
i swear by this makeup remover! i think i have been using it since the day it was released and have never looked back. Miceller water is a great and quick way to take off the majority of your makeup with no fuss. i use this product to take off the bulk of my makeup then go over the face with a wipe to remove any excess before cleansing. the best part about the Garnier Miceller Water is that in comes in a travel size version that always lasts the duration of my long holidays.

3. Tarte Shape Tape Contour Concealer 
my tarte shape tape concealer has become my life. i don't go anywhere without it these days! it has great coverage and lasts the entirety of the day. i use the shade fair neutral for my undereyes and areas where i want to brighten and the shade light neutral for the areas i need to conceal. i seriously recommend taking a good concealer on your holiday (its especially handy for when you need to cover up those late nights).
4. Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Powder
i actually travel with two of these powders; one in my handbag and one in my makeup bag. it is by far my favourite pressed powder formula. this estee lauder powder works perfectly with the double wear foundation and gives me the confidence that my face is going to stay all day. i am the shade 2N1 Desert Beige in this too.
5. Too Faced Milk Chocolate Matte Bronzer
this is a newbie to my holy grail list and will make its first travel with me this holiday. i haven't been able to put the Too Faced milk chocolate bronzer down since the day i bought it. it gives me every bronze i need, whether that is subtle for day wear or a bit heavier for a night out. this bronzer is buildable and smells AMAZING.
6. Too Faced Sweet Peach Glow Palette 
i never wore blush before i had this product but the colour of the blush in this palette has literally changed me. it is so pretty and smells divine like all too faced products. i love the Sweet Peach Glow palette because it allows me to travel with a blush, bronzer and highlight all in one.
7. Stila Eyes are the Window Shadow Palette - Mind 
eyeshadow palettes are always the hardest thing for me to take on holiday because i can never narrow it down and pick one to take. i generally like to take one that has a lot of shades that i will use and that are versatile; i also don't want anything too bulky. the Stila Eyes are the Window Mind palette is always a great one to take, as it is fully matte and has a great ranges of shades to choose from. it also features a large mirror so that is always a bonus.
8. Benefit Bad Gal Bang Mascara
you can't go anywhere without a good mascara, that is why i bring my trust Benefit Bad Gal Bang mascara. ever since i got it, it has trumped every mascara i own! definitely my current go-to mascara, not only is it volumising but its also smudge proof and water resistant!!
9. Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz 
i tend to change my brow products quite frequently but the one i seem to always go back to is my Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz. it always is in my makeup bag and never lets me down! it provides me with a natural yet full brow and is super easy to use. i like to take it away with me because i know it will last the duration of the day with a brow gel over the top! i use the shade Medium Brow.
10. Estee Lauder Pure Colour Envy Sculpting Lipstick
the Estee Lauder Pure Colour Envy Sculpting lipstick is my all time favourite lipstick formula. i love the way it glides onto the lips and really gives a nice creamy formula that is SUPER hydrating. they have such a great colour range and allow for a really natural lip to a bold and dramatic lip. i have a few favourite shades from this range, however i always find myself reaching for the shade 120 Desirable which is a nice pinky nude.

i hope you enjoyed this post and a little insight into what my travel makeup essentials are. it is definitely hard to narrow down the amount of products i put into my makeup bag.
what are your go to products when travelling? i would love to know

xxx
instagram: @lifebyssblog
email: lifebyssblog@gmail.com

You May Also Like

0 comments