current favourites (april/may/june)

by - June 17, 2017


i thought i would share a few products/things i have been loving over the past 3 months. Some skincare and beauty (mostly beauty)

all photos were taken on an iPhone 7+ so sorry if they aren't super dooper in quality (i try) 

*links for products included- hover over* 

enjoy :) 

SKINCARE


i LOVE this moisturiser. I have been using it for a few months so far; i was using testers for a while before i finally committed. I use to really struggle to find a moisturiser that really hydrated my skin without leaving it oily and this one does exactly that. Clinque released it in both a lotion for very dry to combination skin and a gel for a combination oily to very oily, i brought both and rotate between the two depending on how my skin is feeling.


I found this to be really easy and quick to take my eye makeup off. I use to use Garnier miceller water but wanted to try something new that contained less alcohol. I would totally recommend this to someone who hates taking their makeup off like i do  


A cleansing milk is something i have never tried before and I'm not 100% set on it but it is growing on me. i find the concept of it quite weird to take makeup off but it does do the job. I do go over my face with a makeup wipe after though, just to make sure i have gotten everything. If you are someone who likes something that feels luxurious on your skin during your makeup removal process then give this a try.


I picked this up in Melbourne in March and used in on and off for a while until i decided to include it my routine. I first saw Carli Bybel use this and had to give it a try. It leaves your skin feeling fresh and dewy and is super affordable. I definitely wouldn't use this as a finishing product for my makeup however it definitely is nice for a little pick me up during the day. 

BEAUTY


Maybelline Express Remover  $7 AUD This nail polish remover is LIFE CHANGING. honestly it is so easy and 100x less messy compared to your average nail polish remover and cotton ball. Highly recommend for the girls who don't have shellac/acrylic want a super easy efficient way to take off their polish.


Bare Minerals Original SPF 15+ Foundation  $41 AUDI recently started using this after i saw Zoella mention it in her favourites video. I hadn't used a powder foundation for years, usually i just wear Estee Lauder Double Wear but i wanted to try something lighter and easy to apply for the days where I don't feel like having such a heavy base. This foundation gives SOO much coverage for a powder, I was quite surprised. For someone who has pretty dry skin usually, it left my skin looking dewy which i was really pleased about. It is super easy to apply, I use the Bare Minerals Beautiful Finish brush ($46 AUD) which is super soft and dense + bonus because of how it is designed prevents from product wastage. totally recommend both of these products!!!


MAC Pro Longwear Paint Pot in Soft Ochre $35 AUD
Love this for an eyeshadow base!! The queen @Nikkietutorials got me onto this and i totally see why its her holy grail. I never really had an issue with my eyeshadow not lasting before using this however since i have been i noticed that it makes the eyeshadow pop a little more and definitely withstand time. Soft Ochre is also the perfect shade as it is light but still warm enough to be neutral on the eyelid with its yellow undertones.  LOVE IT


MAC Matte Lipstick in Kinda Sexy $36 AUD
I am usually a Velvet Teddy kinda gal but amongst my shopping i came across this shade. Its the perfect balance between nude and pink ( i think anyway). I find if i wear a shade too pink it washes me out and im total nude girl so this was the ONE for me. I have been searching high and low for a matte shade that is a pinky nude and not super drying and you can just never go past a MAC matte. hands down one of the best formulas ever created. (Don't get me wrong i do love a good Kylie Lipkit but sometimes they are just too drying)


Tarte Tartelette in Bloom Clay Palette $69 AUD
I first heard about Tarte at the beginning of this year and LOVE their products. I picked up this palette back in March in Melbourne and i have hardly put it down since. it has the right amount of matte and shimmer shades for me (if  you haven't gathered i am more of a matte girl) and they are all so pigmented. The only thing that is a little UGH is there is a bit of fall out with the darker shades but then again its nothing too crazy. If you are into warm natural tones this is the palatte for you; although in saying that there are some darker shades but they are too die for!!! It comes in a little pricey but i say its totally worth it.


Inglot Freedom System Matte Eyeshadow in number 383 $12 AUD
ORANGE! this was my first shade in my Freedom System palette and it was literally life changing. I never thought i would be able to use and pull off an orange shade but i love it!!! these eyeshadows blend soooo well which makes it 100x easier to work with. This shade fits perfectly in with my neutral shades, it adds such a pop of colour and it has been perfect for autumn/winter. highly recommend starting your own freedom palette !


You May Also Like

1 comments