3 favourites of August

by - September 07, 2017


Hi everyone

instead of doing a full favourites post i thought i would do quick post sharing with you 3 of my favourite things from the month of August. 

1. 
this month i discovered The Body Shops "Vitamin C Skin Boost Instant Smoother" and how have i not tried this before. for some reason i have just always looked past The Body Shops skincare range but they actually have some really good stuff and its not too pricey either. 

i use this primarily over my moisturiser but you can use it just by itself. it leaves your skin feeling super smooth (well obviously given its name) and doesn't make you feel any oilier. i have also been using this as part of my pre-foundation routine- clinque moisturiser, vitamin c skin boost smoother then my smoothing primer. you may think its a little overkill but honestly the finish of my foundation is 100 times better (i usually have fairly dry skin so sometimes my foundation goes a little patchy) and it lasts all day. 

would definitely recommend this product!


  2. 
another favourite of mine this month has been my shampoo and conditioner. i have been using the OGX Ever Straightening + Brazilian Keratin Therapy Shampoo and Conditioner.  this shampoo and conditioner has literally changed my life haha. my hair has never felt better!!! 

i have used OGX shampoo and conditioners before but never found one that really made a difference to my hair. I decided to try this one with Keratin in it after watching a video by Lauren Curtis who said that changing her shampoo and conditioner to one that had Keratin in it literally saved her hair. i totally agree!! my hair has never felt smoother or healthy and i also feel like its growing faster too YAY. 

100% recommend using this or any shampoo that has Kertain in it. 


3.
my final favourite for August was the Tarte Tartiest Pro Glow to Go Palette. i actually brought this highlight and contour palette back in March but i thought it was a little underwhelming, until i rediscovered it this month and OMG.

both highlights from this palette are insane, both are very pigmented and i like to combine the two. i think the 'sand' highlight suits my skin tone more then the 'pearl' but both are equally as amazing. i have had sooo many complements on my highlight when i've been using these so they definitely do their job. in saying this though sometimes i do have to tone them down with a little bit of powder if i don't want to be extremely glowing haha (if you have used these you will know what i mean)

i haven't really dabbled in the contour shade too much, but i do like it. i generally stick to my hoola bronzer for contour but the contour shade from this palette and hoola are very similar. so i think ill start to use it more!

the other reason i love this palette is because it is so compact and light. i have decided that im just going to take this palette on holiday with me for all my highlight and contour needs as it literally takes up no room!

my only criticism is that there is a little bit of fall out from all three shades which is a little annoying but its fixable.


i hope you have enjoy this little favourites post!
i would love to know what your favourites were in August?

*sorry that the photos are a little dull, i had to take them at night time*

xx

You May Also Like

0 comments